These are jobs that will require you to use the phone as part of your job. Some may require a landline and/or a good quality headset while others may not. The jobs include customer service positions where you handle inbound calls; others are sales jobs, escalation support, telephone researcher positions, mystery shopping, technical support, virtual assistant and telemarketing positions.
I have shared a list of online companies offering legitimate work at home in customer service, tech support, telephone research and more:
- 1-800 Flowers – Temporary, seasonal, and permanent customer service work.
- 1-800 Contacts – Customer service ( Must be located near Draper, UT)
- Apple At Home – Chat, phone work, and technical support.
- Amazon.com – Customer service ( Seasonal work)
- Alpine Access – Customer support, chat, tech support, billing, and human resources.
- Apple – Customer service and tech support.
- Arise – Chat, email, and customer service work.
- ACD Direct – Flexible phone work.
- Apptical – Telephone research work.
- Asurion – Customer service.
- Aspire Lifestyles – Customer service and concierge services.
- Call Center QA – Telephone mystery shopping.
- Convergys – Customer service, tech support, and sales.
- Century Link – Customer service and tech support.
- Concentrix – Customer service.
- Contract World – Customer service ( Hires worldwide)
- Cruise – Customer service ( Must have travel experience)
- Direct Interactions – Customer service
- Great Virtual Works – Customer service and retention sales.
- Hilton Hotels – Reservations and sales.
- Home Shopping Network – Customer service and sales.
- Expert Planet – flexible call center work.
- Intelicare – Phone work
- Intelichek – Telephone mystery shopping
- Ipsos – Telephone Interviewers.
- On Point Advocacy – Customer service.
- Next Level – Telemarketing
- NexRep – Virtual call center work.
- Maritz Research – Telephone research.
- Pleio Goodstart – Phone work
- Sitel – Sales, customer service support, chat, and technical support.
- Liveops – Phone work.
- ORC International – Telephone mystery shopping.
- Telcare – Telephone research surveys.
- TeleTech @ Home – Call center work.
- Televated – Customer service, chat, and technical support.
- Transcom – Customer service, sales, and technical support.
- Sutherland – Customer service
- Uhaul – Reservations and sales.
- VIP Desk Connect – Customer service
- VeraFast – Phone work.
- VoiceLog – Phone work.
- Westat – Customer service
- Alorica at Home – Customer service
- Working Solutions – Chat, technical support, customer service, human resources, and travel agents.
- Xact Telesolutions – Call center support.
You can carry out book keeping right from the comfort of your home. All you need is an internet connection and a computer. If you are knowledgeable in this area and if you have worked as a book keeper before this is one way that you can make some real money online.
I have shared a list of online bookkeeping companies offering legitimate work at home:
- Accounting Department.com
- Bateman & Co.
- Balance your Books
- Book Minders
- Click N Work
- Click Accountant Bookkeeping Services
- TAD Accounting
These are quite flexible and are a great way to get started working online. You will need basic computer skills and experience working with MS Excel and MS word. There are many scams for this particular category of work on the internet, so these legitimate sites will come in handy.
I have shared a list of data entry companies offering legitimate work at home:
- Axion Data
- Dion Data Solutions
- Great American Opportunities
- Virtual Bee
Errands and Miscellaneous Tasks
Get paid to carry out simple tasks online and to run simple errands. The tasks may include searching the net, online surveys or even watching online videos. Errands may include simple things such as going grocery shopping, doing laundry, picking up some dry cleaning and the like.
There are several positions in the healthcare industry that you can comfortably do from home. You will need to education necessary to do them well, but not a lot of experience. These may be salaried positions or they may pay by the hour. They are medical transcription, medical coder and medical billing.
The recordings usually come in the form of MP3s. Your work is to listen to them and type out word for word. You don’t need much work experience but you do need to have a decent typing speed. You will also need a good grasp on English and work well under pressure because the deadlines can be tight sometimes.
I have shared a list of online transcription companies offering legitimate work at home:
- Cambridge Transcriptions
- eTranscription Solutions
- Express Document Service
- Fantastic Transcripts
- Mass Transcription
- Net Transcripts, Inc.
- Perfect Transcription
- TASK Document Services
- TSI Transcripts
- Ubiqus Transcription
This involves receiving mail directly to your address. The mail though will be for various different addresses. You will then log each piece of mail into the website of the company you are working for. You do so by filling a form online that asks for specific details and then keep the mail for the next 6 or so months depending on company policy.
These are small jobs that are pretty quick to do. Usually they are tasks or services that you can complete online. If you want to make more money, you need to provide various services based on the time and skills that you have.
Being an online moderator means that you will be spending time on various online forums, social media sites and chat rooms simply managing the comments that others write. You will be responsible for kicking out those who break the rules and keeping the energy positive.
I have shared a list of social media companies offering legitimate work at home:
If your spelling and grammar is good, you can use your English skills to proof through written work finding and minimizing errors. This is a great job for those who enjoy reading. All you need is a computer and internet and you are ready to start.
Search Engine Evaluation
Your work will be to evaluate the results of each search engine to determine whether or not the search results are indeed accurate. You will be looking to see that they are free of spam, timely and that the keywords used are relevant.
I have shared a list of search engine evaluation companies offering legitimate work at home:
- Appen Butler Hill
If you are well conversed in a language other than English, especially one that many people speak, you may get a position translating documents, calls, meetings and correspondence. Individuals or businesses that deal with multi-lingual businesses often find themselves in need of these services.
I have shared a list of online translation companies offering legitimate work at home:
For this position you need to have administrative and secretarial skills. You would be helping small businesses or individuals with their daily administrative tasks. You may also be expected to help out with social media and other technical services.
I have shared a list of virtual assistant companies offering legitimate work at home:
You would be given a set of instructions that you are to follow in order to test the website. Once you have done so, your work is to provide feedback to the owner of the site. The owner is usually looking to see if their site is easy to navigate and also intuitive.
I have shared a list of web testing companies offering legitimate work at home:
- Feedback Army
- Loop 11
If your written English is good and you enjoy putting your thoughts on paper, a writing job may be perfect for you. Usually it involves writing blogs and articles on behalf of different clients for search engine optimization.
I have shared a list of writing companies offering legitimate work at home:
Upfront Pay Writing Websites:
- BKA Content
- Article Document
- Crowd Content
- Content Divas
- London Brokers
- Content Runner
- Words of Worth
- Break Studios
- Get A Copywriter
- Media Shower
- The Content Authority
Revenue Sharing Writing Sites:
Need A Little Extra Income?
Even though these online jobs are ideal for people with no prior experience. It is always great to have side earners for a little spare change. I highly recommend signing up for Slice the Pie where I earn around $200 – $300 per month writing short music reviews, rating fashions, testing cell phone apps, and more. You can also earn a little extra by scanning your grocery receipts with Ibotta. Last month I earned an $120 sent immediately via Paypal.
There you have it! A massive list of companies that offers legitimate work at home jobs. If I missed any, please share them in comments below. Looking forward to hearing from you!